Maureen O'Brien has dedicated her legal career to defending individuals charged with a wide range of crimes. A partner at O'Brien, Thomas & Bibik, LLC, in Lakewood, Colorado, Ms. O'Brien represents clients in Jefferson County and the surrounding areas who are facing charges ranging from DUI to murder. However, she primarily focuses on felony cases.
Ms. O'Brien is active in a number of professional organizations. She is a past president of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, and she served on that board for seven years. Also, she has served as chairman of the Corrections Board in Jefferson County for 17 years. Further, Ms. O'Brien has been appointed to the Jefferson County Strategic Planning Committee and is a past president of the First Judicial District Bar Association in Jefferson County, Colorado.
Recognized for her dedication to professional excellence, Maureen O'Brien has been included in the list of top 100 trial lawyers in Colorado by the American Trial Lawyers Association for several years. She has also been selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers from 2007 to 2011. She has the highest rating available for an attorney on Avvo.com.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Colorado, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1990
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1990
- Pace University, Pleasantville, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1976
Professional Associations and Memberships
- First Judicial District Bar Association in Jefferson County Colorado, Past President
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Past President
- Delta Theta Phi